Sunday, December 16, 2007

Everyone Is Here.

After a long layover in Atlanta and a nice flight to Quito, I have caught up with jer a trav.
For those of you who know me well, you already know that I am never happier than when I am walking out the doors of an airport, into a place I have never been to before, getting bombarded by new and unique sights, sounds, and smells. My arrival into Quito tonight left nothing to be desired.
Our flight dropped through the clouds and suddenly the view out my window went from blackness to a masterpiece of a million lights and glowing patches of fog. After an uneventful trip through customs I spent 20 min digging through moutains of bags to find all my climbing gear safe and secure in my three large duffels. After collecting my baggage I managed to find the sign with my name on it amongst 200 others and meet the man driving me to our hotel. We made our way through the massive crowd that surrounded the exit doors and stepped out into a warm but very rainy night that reminded me of my many wet arrivals into Christchurch, New Zealand. The trip to the hotel took about 15 min as we flew down empty streets in the drizzle of rain. I arrived here at Posada del Maple at 11 pm and after hauling my bags up three flights of stairs and down the very narrow hallway that leads to our room, we are now all settled and ready to begin our adventures tommorow.

I am sure I will be in touch very soon.

God Bless and Love Always,
Michael

No comments: